Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Life in Lokossa

So Its been awhile since I updated but to be honest I'm really busy, internet is incrediblyslow, and no one is commenting, in fact I don't even get email; aside from that things are going well I received my post, so fro the next to years (as of sept. 21) I'll be livng iin the northwest region of benin in a town called Kopargo; I'll take thismomentto explain a few things about the french keybord, 1 it sucks, 2 you have to shift for a period so I no longer use one, welcome to the lifeof semicolons and commas; 3 the internet is ridiculous; i can spend one hour trying to send one email, and not be successfull;
My goal is to type up a few posts on mylaptop and post them from my usb drive but for that you'll have to wait for another week or so, until then wish me luck on my post visit, and don't expect pictures (they don't load at all)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comments? Not any more! Glad you like your post. Hope I like mine!

Anonymous said...

Miriam: Believe me, folks back home are reading your blog!!! We check Carly's blog and everybody elses at least once a day. The connection you had with the facebook photos are the ONLY pictures we've seen of Carly in Africa. But we know that the internet there is horrible. But ANY connection or word we hear helps a lot. Don't ever doubt THAT!!!! Hope this finds you well. From Mark Loehrke (Carly's dad)

Judith A. Johnson said...

Miriam, Carly's mom here, we hang on every word from any of the volunteers and love to get different viewpoints on what's going on, so your blog is not being sent to empty space, we ARE reading it. sorry that internet is so slow but glad to hear other things are good. Love to you

ally said...

miriam, if you really speak french you don't end your sentence anyway, you just take a quick breath and keep going, which makes sense why they make it such a big deal for you to end a sentence, i mean, who needs to end a sentence anyway when you can just be ADD and go from one topic to another like that time when i was talking about french keyboards and then started to talk about how it kind of sucks to have to do the monday night shift by myself without any visitors talking about unicorns or preparing strange whole grains for dinner, so anyway, i hope africa's good so far, you know, the whole continent, since it's kind of like how the united states IS north america, you know what i mean?